Souber DBB Door Lock Morticer - Standard Kit
- Calculated at Checkout
Used and acclaimed by locksmiths and builders alike, the Souber DBB Door Lock Morticer has proven itself to be an invaluable tool for anyone who installs mortice locks. This clever jig cuts a mortice for both the lock body and the faceplate quickly and easily, saving time and money. Vertical guides, plus height and depth stops mean you can cut where you want, and never where you didn't intend. The DBB Door Lock Morticer can also be used on aluminum storefront doors.
The basic kit includes the three most common carbide tipped, wood cutting bits:
A table showing additional cutters can be found by clicking here.
The kit also includes the standard boring shaft:
- Standard Boring Shaft, cuts up to 4" (100mm) deep. (PSJIG/SS)
For deeper cutting depths, two other boring shaft sizes are available separately:
- Long Boring Shaft, cuts up to 7" (180mm) deep. (PSJIG/LS)
- Extra Long Boring Shaft, cuts up to 10" (265mm) deep. (PSJIG/XXLS)
To view our full line of DBB Door Lock Morticer products, including dozens of wood cutters, aluminum cutters, add-ons, accessories, guides and much more, click here.
DBB Door Lock Morticer Videos:
- How to make a plunge hole near the Door Corner: Watch here.
- How to make the JIG2 Offset Morticer fit on Frames and Posts up to 200mm wide: Watch here.
- Converting a Standard Self Centering JIG1 into a JIG2 Offset Morticer: Watch here.
- Cutting a Strike Plate on a Door Frame: Watch here.
- Fitting Locks to doors over 55mm wide: Watch here.
- Modifying a Morticer for Door Frames up to 95mm wide for Hinges or Strike Plates: Watch here.
- Hinge Cutting on a door: Watch here.
- How to Mortice near a Door Corner: Watch here.
- Correct Drill to use with the DBB Morticer: Watch here.
- Fitting Multiple SOSS Hinges onto a Door: Watch here.
- How to Fit a Primera Rhino Bolt near a Door Edge: Watch here.
- How to Mortice on Aluminum Doors: Watch here.
- How to Install an Electric Lock: Watch here.
- How to Mortice Aluminum for Electric Releases: Watch here.
- Offset Lock Morticing: Watch here.
- Standard Lock Morticing: Watch here.
- JIG1 or JIG2 How to decide: Watch here.
- How to replace a broken slider: Watch here.
- All videos are also available in French. Watch in French here.
- All videos are also available in German. Watch in German here.
- All videos are also available in Spanish. Watch in Spanish here.
- All videos are also available in Dutch. Watch in Dutch here.
Souber Tools DBB Morticer General Morticing
General Morticing: Hips & Tips from Souber Tools
Souber Tools DBB Morticer Fitting an Off Centre Lock
How to install an Off Centre Lock
Souber Tools DBB Morticer Fitting a lock to an Aluminium Door (Full length version)
New video of how to get to grips with the complexities of secu...
Souber Tools DBB Morticer Fitting an Electric Release on an Aluminum Frame
Souber Tools DBB Morticer Electric Lock Installation
Electric Lock Installation: Hints & Tips
Souber Tools DBB Morticer fitting the new Powermatic Door Closer
Hints and tips on how to make the most of your DBB Morticer wh...
ENG 1 - How to make a plunge hole near the Door Corner
ENG 2 - How to make the JIG2 Offset Morticer fit on Frames and Posts up to 200mm wide
While I am considerably experienced carpenter, this was the first time I needed to install a mortise lock. This tool is perfect and does an amazing job. Centers automatically. Use the upper and lower clamps as upper and lower stops. Set your depth with the ring. Use a high speed drill (as they repeatedly point out) and you'll be set. Cuts both the deep lockset hole and the face plate. Highly, highly recommend.
I was very happy with the ease of set up and performance. Great addition to my tool set.
Prompt delivery was much appreciated
This tool does an excellent job cutting mortises for box mortise lock sets. It cuts the mortises accurately, though not overly fast. Perfect for a small number of doors.