Framon #2 Code Machine
- Calculated at Checkout
Frequently bought together:
When you choose the Framon #2 Code Machine, you enable yourself to originate almost any cylinder key in use today.
Cuttable keys include, but are not limited to:
- Standard Cylinder: Arrow, Corbin, Kwikset, Lockwood, Russwin,Sargent, Schlage, Weiser, Weslock
- Domestic Automotive: Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, GMC, Jeep, Lincoln, Mercury, Oldsmobile, Plymouth, Pontiac
- Foreign Automotive: Alfa Romeo, Audi, BMW, Daihatsu, Eagle, Fiat, Geo, Honda, Hyundai, Isuzu, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Peugeot, Porsche, Renault, Saab, Saturn, Subaru, Suzuki, Toyota, Volkswagen, Volvo, Yugo
- Motorcycle Keys: BMW, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Triumph, Yamaha
- Padlock Keys: Abus, Almont, American, Ilco, Master, McKinney, Slaymaker, Squire, WB, Yale
- Letterbox Keys: Auth, Couch, Eagle, Florence, Keil, L & F, Lyon, National, Yale
- Safety Deposit Box Keys: Diebold, HHM, Ilco, LeFebure, Miles Osborn, Mosler, S & G, Security, Yale
- Interchangeable Core: Arrow, Best, Falcon, Corbin-Russwin, Sargent
- High Security Keys: Emhart, Medeco Commercial & Bi-Axial, Assa, Schlage Primus, Kaba Peaks
- Tibbe 6 & 8 wafer keys can be cut with an optional vise fixture
The Framon Depth & Space Manual is the core of the Framon #2:
- The keys mentioned above are only a portion of those that you will have the capability to cut.
- The manual contains more than 900 cylinder key charts, 18 letterbox charts, and 32 safety deposit box charts.
An Excellent Machine at a Low Cost:
- In addition to being less expensive than almost any other code machine, the year-to-year cost of keeping your machine up to date is also lower than any others: zero!
- Because the #2 utilizes manufacturers’ depths & spaces to originate keys, all you need to do is copy new information into your book (blank pages provided).
Parts & Accessories Included with the Framon #2:
- Depth & Space Manual
- Standard Cutter
- Medeco Cutter
- Spacing Clip
- 1/8” Allen Wrench
- Brass Shim
- Genericode Code Retrieval Program
- #6 Dial Calipers
- #1 Spacing Block
- #2 Spacing Block
- #3 Spacing Block
- #4 Spacing Block
- #5 Spacing Block
- #6 Spacing Block
- All Framon key machines are hand assembled and hand fit. This ensures that before your machine reaches you, it has originated keys accurate to one-half thousandth of an inch (.0005″, about the thickness of a hair). This tolerance assures a perfect key every time!
- The #2 utilizes a straight-in feed approach. The straight-in feed of the #2 provides a perpendicular cut at the root of the key. The flat of the cut will always be the same depth from the left side of the cut to the right. Machines that use a pivot approach can produce keys that turn one way but not the other. The drawing at the right shows the profile of a key cut by a machine that pivots. The different shear lines from the left to the right side of the key lead to the turning problem.
Rugged & Durable:
- The #2 is made from heat treated aluminum and steel. The carriage moves forward on a pair of steel slides. Spacing and depth movements take place on pairs of steel pins and screws. There are no small gears to strip out and no plastic parts to wear out. We’ve heard plenty of stories from code machine owners who have dropped the machine off of their workbench and cut a key with no adjustments needed!
Cutting Keys By Measurement:
- SPACING: To cut a key, you need two dimensions: starting cut (distance from the shoulder to the first cut) and spacing (distance between cuts thereafter), both found in the Depth & Space Manual. Shown at the right is the Schlage chart from our Depth & Space Manual. Schlage cylinder keys use .231″ starting cut and .156″ spacing. Starting cut is set by zeroing the machine and counting out to .231″. Once set, the the spacing block with .156″ is aligned. Cut to cut spacing is a simple matter of aligning two index marks.
- DEPTH: Depth settings are made in .001″ increments by means of a micrometer. Reading a micrometer is quite simple – the depth micrometer on the #2 Code Machine is shown to the left. The micrometer depth reading is what gives the #2 its’ extreme accuracy. Once familiar with the machine, you’ll be code cutting keys in 30-45 seconds.
I have used this code cutter and the HPC 1200 for code cutting, They are both excellent machines but I prefer the Framon #2.
Framon #2 Code Machine
This is an incredibly well built machine. I am looking forward to many years of use.