Class Time: 9am to 5pm
Course Length: 10 Days
Course Fees: $2,750.00
Registration Fee: $25.00 (First time students only)
Course Code: EDUPL
Location: Nicholasville, KY
Click here for our full course schedule
- This class has been approved for 10 points towards the ALOA PRP Recertification requirements
- If you have NOT yet achieved a PRP Certification, this class can also serve as valuable preparation for the Mandatory Categories section of the exam.
- Download an Enrollment Application here
Our 10 day Professional Locksmithing course teaches the skills necessary for anyone working with locks. It was created to give those who are just starting a career in locksmithing, or who require locksmithing as part of their job in the military or other government service, a solid background in the basics. It is also ideal for anyone considering a locksmithing career but who wishes to first learn more about the trade.
The following is covered in detail:
- How to distinguish between pin, warded and lever locks
- How each of these basic designs operate
- How to use a key blank directory
- Using a key duplicating machine
- How to use a plug follower
- The relationship between pin length, plug diameter and root depth
- How to rekey locks
- Direct codes and blind codes
- How to use code software to locate code information
- How to use a code machine
- Basics of masterkeying
- Lock picking
- Lock Impressioning
- Interchangeable core locks
- Using dial calipers to measure pins and plugs
- Shimming cylinders when no key is present
- Bypass techniques
- High Security Locks
- Disc Lock Reading
- Life Safety Codes Overview
- Door and Exit Hardware
Do you need this class? Test yourself with these questions:
- What is MACS and what can happen when you ignore it when creating a key?
- Does masterkeying increase or decrease security?
- What is the EPD of a common cylinder?
- What is the most likely problem with a cylinder that works OK until it is inverted?
- When a blank key is inserted in a cylinder, which set of pins prevents the plug from turning?
Each Student Will Receive:
- Locksmith tool kit, including: ($330 value!)
- MBA USA tool bag - $42 value!
- Work Mat - $10 value!
- Plug follower - $27 value!
- Pin tweezers - $15 value!
- Warded pick set - $14 value!
- Standard pick set - $41 value!
- Pin kit - $115 value!
- Impressioning file - $33 value!
- File cleaner - $15 value!
- 15-in-1 screwdriver - $15 value!
- 2-in-1 screwdriver - $3 value!
- Printed copy of the Class Presentation
- Resource CD
- MBA USA Course Certificate
- MBA USA Coffee Mug
- MBA USA Ruler
- MBA USA pen