GSA Approved Container Inspection Course
GSA Approved Container Inspection Course (Basic)
Class Time: 9am to 5pm
Course Length: 3 Days
Course Fees: $795.00
Registration Fee: $25.00 (First time students only)
Course Code: EDUGSAIN1
Location: Nicholasville, KY
Click here for our full course schedule
- This course is approved by the General Services Administration
- This class has been approved for 3 points towards the ALOA PRP Recertification requirements
- Download an Enrollment Application here
Please note: This course is open to U.S. citizens only.
Individuals successfully completing this training program will be authorized by GSA to inspect and recertify GSA containers.
Classified material is stored in containers made to exacting specifications. These are commonly called "GSA Containers". They are not cheap. Some containers, although old, are still quite usable. Others, may appear new and to be in perfect condition, but have concealed vulnerabilities. With our nation's security at risk, we must do everything to be certain our classified information is stored in containers that provide the protection intended. This course was developed to take the guesswork out of whether a container is suitable or not. It allows for the identification of containers that are vulnerable, yet permits the preservation of containers that are not being used due to minor flaws such as lack of a GSA label. Many such otherwise sound containers are currently shunned for this very reason. However, without inspection by a specially trained person it is difficult to distinguish between sound and fatally flawed containers!
Inspectors must be meticulous in their workmanship, maintain ongoing contact with the training organization, and attend continuing education programs as required by GSA.
The following is covered in detail:
- GSA approved container and vault door Federal Specifications
- GSA approved lock specifications
- The Federal Standard for container and vault door neutralization and repair
- Detailed coverage of recertification procedures and responsibilities
- Instruction on completing mandatory inspection reports
Notes and Prerequisites:
- DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS CLASS UNLESS you have completed formal instruction in GSA approved safe locks, including mechanical locks, and are current with FF-L-2740 locks.
- No instruction in operating, installing, or programming FF-L-2740 locks will be given in this class.
- Persons with little or no training on GSA containers or their locks should consider enrolling in our GSA Certified Safe and Vault Technician course which includes GSA recertification inspector.
- We strongly recommend you attend GSA Container Identification prior to taking this class. It is always scheduled the day before this course.
- Hands-on inspections are performed as part of this course. Drawers in uninsulated GSA containers weigh as much as 40 - 50 pounds.
- Performing recertification inspections in the field may require you do lift drawers weighing up to 80 pounds to a level of 4 feet.
Each Student will receive:
- 15-in-1 screwdriver - $15 value!
- Flashlight - $10 value!
- Work Mat - $10 value!
- 3-ring reference binder and Resource CD
- GSA Approved Container Inspector Certificate*
- GSA Approved Container Inspector Identification card*
- Coffee Mug
- MBA USA Ruler
- MBA USA pen
*Certificates and identification cards issued upon passing.